Rivet 2.3: Release Notes and Known Problems
Rivet 2.3 is available for download from ASF mirror sites. Check the download page for information about downloading the source code, rpm files or packages for SuSE, Redhat, Debian and Ubuntu (packages for SuSE and Redhat are available thanks to Harald Oehlmann).
Code integrity for this release can be checked using the public keys in the KEYS file.
Rivet 2.3 works with the Apache Webserver version 2.2 and 2.4 (running the prefork MPM) and requires Tcl >= 8.5.11. Tcl >= 8.6.1 is recommended
Rivet 2.3.3 Release Notes
Rivet 2.3.3 is a bug fix release for rivet 2.3.
- DIO: String quoting of the Posgresql connector was incorrect and has been fixed (closes bug #60378)
- New package formbroker : this package is a form response broker and validator, still experimental but usable
- Fixed typo in manual page
- Change in mod_rivet internals: as a content generator mod_rivet has to figure out
when a request has to be handled or passed on to other modules.
The request type is now determined more correctly from
headerof the request_rec (previosly was
Rivet 2.3.2 Release Notes
Rivet 2.3.2 is a bug fix release for rivet 2.3.
- The test suite now requires Apache 2.4
- Commands ::rivet::try and ::rivet::catch have been fixed. Under some circumstances they failed to properly evaluate the code they are supposed to guard and control
- A new utility command ::rivet::url_query composes the query part of an URL from a list of parameter-value pairs
Rivet 2.3.1 Release Notes
Rivet 2.3.1 is a bug fix release for package rivet 2.3. Method 'file' which was to print an HTML5
<input type="file" name="...."/>was actually printing an email form field. This problem was not serious but affected any serious development of forms using rivet's form package
Rivet 2.3.0 Release Notes
Rivet 2.3.0 consolidates the 2.2.x module series with several improvements in the way the command export was handled. This will be the last 2.x version series in preparation of the newly developed 3.0 module.
Rivet 2.3.0 introduces the command ::rivet::try as a wrapper of the Tcl core language try . This command is not exported to the global namespace even when mod_rivet is build with the --enable-rivet-commands-export . This command should be used within Rivet scripts to protect any ::rivet::abort_page and ::rivet::exit execution. These commands interrupt code execution by raising a Tcl error with reserved error codes (respectively ABORTPAGE and EXITPAGE) to signal the module to fire the AbortScript Tcl script with special codes accessible through the ::rivet::abort_code command
Execution of ::rivet::try fails if mod_rivet is not built with Tcl >= 8.6